Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Post-Oscar Announcement

I did a great job predicting the Oscars this year and was very happy with most of the results. Most of my predictions were correct and I'm very pleased with myself for making such good positions. However, there were a few winners that I don't believe deserved to win. The largest upset in my opinion is that The Hurt Locker won best screenplay, when it definitely should have gone to Inglourious Basterds. Tarantino's script was fantastic and according to Kathryn Bigelow a lot of The Hurt Locker was improvised, so I doubt the quality of the script.Tarantino defineity should have won this award, which greatly upset me at the Oscars.

Conglaturations to Kathryn Bigelow for winning Best Picture, and Imma let her finish, but Quentin Tarantino made one of the best movies of all time. Hurt Locker was a good movie that could be watched once and be enjoyed, but I've seen Inglourious Basterds at least fifteen times and I still enjoy it. Hurt Locker doesn't stand to repeated viewings because after the audience knows where the bombs are it isn't suspenseful. Basterds was the better film, but I'm still releived that Cameron didn't win! So good job Kathryn Bigelow, I hope you continue to have a great carreer.

Now I'm going into super-bitch mode, mostly due to Twilight. Conglaturations to Stephanie Meyer for creating the worst books ever written. She's attained a following of girls around the world that only read crap, but I still respect her. But just because Twilight is so gaddamn popular right now doesn't mean that I want to see it everywhere in the entertainment industry! To get to the point, during the Oscars there was a ceremony to respect the Horror Genre, my favorite type of movies, and they had it presented by a faggot Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart. Kristen Stewart was fine being up there, as she was in a horror movie at a point in her career, but what else was Lautner in? Sharkboy and Lavagirl! The video to celebrate the Horror Genre was pretty lame, but once I saw a piece of shit Twilight clip in it I went into serious nerd rage! THAT MOVIE ISN'T TERRIFYING! ITS NOT A HORROR MOVIE! ITS GODDAMN TWILIGHT, ONCE AGAIN INVADING MY LIFE!

To conclude this review I just want to say one final thing. When Kathryn Bigelow went to receive her Award for The Hurt Locker they showed the other nomination's reactions. Tarantino had a smile on his face and applauded enthusiastically, as he probably assumed he would get snubbed on another Oscar; the other directors were also excited and applauded Bigelow on her win. The camera cuts to James Cameron and we see him with a scowl on his face and shaking his head. Bad sportsmanship on his part and I have lost lots of respect for him. First he ruined cinema with Avatar, now he's acting like a childish prick. Good job Mr. Cameron.

Rating: 5/10 (Very average--Hosts weren't that great either--very little star power from presenters--Taylor Lautner)

No comments:

Post a Comment